Case Studies - White Oak straight staircase with embedded glass panels.
Modern Minimal Design
An oak staircase with embedded glass creates a minimal-looking effect, further enhanced by not having a carpet. This staircase looks sleek and modern.
Embedded Glass Panels:
We offer glass panels either: - on clamps (with a choice of style and finish) - embedded into a groove within the handrail & baserail. The glass on this staircase is embedded into a groove. All glass panels we supply are made to measure for each staircase.
Oak Treads & Risers:
This staircase features oak treads (22mm) and oak veneered risers (10mm). Meaning these stairs do not need to be carpeted. Oak treads & risers enhance the look of the stairs. However, it should be noted that stairs without a carpet have less grip than those with a carpet. We also offer treads and risers in other materials and thicknesses.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak Veneered MDF (12mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Cap
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Glass, 10mm toughened glass with polished edges
- Glass Style; Embedded
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
The quality and service was outstanding. As a construction company we thrive on quality produces and perfection with a reliable service. We will not hesitate on using TKstairs again - All In One Group (UK) LTD
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.