Case Studies - Oak part open riser staircase with embedded glass balustrade
This staircase was supplied by us to a property developer in East Yorkshire for a high end new build property.
The staircase was specified by the developer to fit into a light, airy & modern hallway, in order to maximise the amount of light in the hallway, the developer wanted the staircase as open as possible.
In order to meet building regulations, we supplied the staircase with part open timber risers. Embedded glass panels were also used to let more light through and create a minimalist look.
Due to having the space, both turns in this staircase are quarter landing turns.
- Staircase Type; Part Open Riser - Timber
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang, rounded profile
- Stringer Material; Oak (32x230mm)
- Tread Material; Oak (32mm)
- Riser Material; Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square (90mm)
- Post Material; Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Style; Flat Cap
- Post Material; Oak
Balustrade Type; Glass Panels
Glass Style; Embedded
Handrail & Bottomrail:
Handrail Profile; HDR Profile
Handrail Material; Oak
Bottomrail Profile; Rectangular (63x28mm)
Bottomrail Material; Oak
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.