Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - White painted 6 kite with chamfered posts & spindles
Having a double bullnose at the bottom of this staircase reduces the footprint of the staircase into the hallway, as, without it, you would normally have additional posts at the bottom of the stairs.
This staircase has chamfered posts and spindles, this is a detail on the edge of the posts and spindles which adds a feature over the standard square components.
Additional post to floor:
At the customers request, this staircase features an additional post on the outside at the top to the floor to add stability, as well as balustrade to create a feature.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Rounded profile (Standard)
- Tread Overhang; 20mm
- Stringer Material; Pine, paint grade (32x230mm)
- Tread Material; MDF (22mm)
- Riser Material; Plywood (9mm)
- Post Style; Chamfered (90mm)
- Post Material; Pine
- Post Style; Pyramid Cap
- Post Material; Pine
- Balustrade Type; Spindles (41mm)
- Baluster Style; Chamfered
Handrail & Bottomrail:
- Handrail Profile; Signature (67x45mm) (special order)
- Handrail Material; Pine
- Bottomrail Profile; Trademark (63x28mm)
- Bottomrail Material; Pine
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.