Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - White painted straight staircase with feature treads
White Painted Stairs:
The customer has painted this staircase white on-site; white paint is an ever-popular finish for stairs. The only exception to this is the caps, which are oak pyramid caps. These give excellent contrast to the oak, providing a striking finish.
This staircase has two feature treads, one on top of the other. Feature treads make the stairs stand out if there's space available. We offer several different feature tread options, both traditional and modern.
Chamfered Posts & Spindles:
Generally, posts & spindles are square. However, we offer a "stop chamfered" option, where they have a chamfer up the middle going back to square at the top and bottom. This adds a nice feature and breaks up the squareness of the job.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Rounded profile (standard)
- Tread Overhang; 20mm (standard)
- Stringer Material; Pine, paint grade (32x230mm)
- Tread Material; Pine (22mm)
- Riser Material; Plywood (9mm)
- Post Style; Chamfered (90mm)
- Post Material; Pine
- Post Cap Style; Pyramid
- Post Cap Material; Oak
- Balustrade Type; Spindles (41mm)
- Baluster Style; Chamfered
- Spindle Material; Pine
Handrail & Bottomrail:
- Handrail Profile; HDR (59x59mm)
- Handrail Material; Pine
- Bottomrail Profile; Trademark (63x28mm)
- Bottomrail Material; Pine
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.