Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Four kite winder stair with White Oak & Painted White parts.
This staircase combines Pine which has been painted white and White Oak to create a modern looking stair.
We supplied this staircase to a house in Bradford in 2020 as part of a project the customer was undertaking.
It uses a four kite winder, the reason for this was because the customer was limited on space as they wished to get a small radiator on the wall where there had been a larger radiator previously.
We worked with the customer using CAD drawings to make the stairs fit around the radiator, using a four kite winder box in place of the usual three kite allowed this to be achieved.
Please see CAD drawing we generated on the images section of this case study as well as the 3D Model.
We can work with customers to create bespoke designed staircases that fit round obstacles in their houses, these often include, radiators, meter boxes, pipes etc.
The customer wanted the stairs to be as wide as possibles which is why going up the stairs there isn’t enough space between the handrail and the wall and the top post (post C) is tight to the wall at the top.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; Pine, Redwood (28x230mm)
- Treads; MDF (22mm)
- Risers; Plywood (9mm)
- Post Style; Full Height, Chamfered
- Post Material; Pine (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Pyramid Cap
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Spindles 41x41mm
- Spindle Material; Pine, Redwood
- Spindle Style; Stop Chamfered
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Trademark Profile (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.