Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Black stained white oak open riser staircase.
Black Stained White Oak Open Rise Staircase.
This staircase was supplied to a property in Slough.
The stairs are made entirely from white oak and features glass on glass clamps.
Wishing to achieve a modern look, the customer finished this staircase using a black satin finish that stained the oak black.
Open riser staircases such as this one have to have the risers partially closed off in order to comply with building regulations (no more than a 99mm gap).
- Staircase Type; Timber Mini Open Riser
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (32mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Cap
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm thick)
- Glass Style; Clamped
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; Square Profile (56x56mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular Profile (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
We went for a full American Oak Staircase. The design and exact specification took some time, and the design team were patient with me. As soon as we saw it you could see the solid oak, and the top quality workmanship. After lots of research, we decided to stain the oak black satin finish. The finished product is amazing, you can see the oak grain and it looks stunning in black. The glass balustrade also adds an open and contemporary feel. Everyone who has entered our house, notices the staircase right away - it looks expensive and very good quality! Many thanks to the team at TK stairs, we absolutely love our new staircase! - Mr Verma
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.