Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Oak open riser stair with black metal components and LED lights.
This staircase was supplied to a property near Northampton and features:
Part Open Risers:
The risers on this staircase are left part open riser, leaving a 99mm gap to comply with building regulations, 32mm tread thickness is also required for open riser stairs.
LED Groove in Treads:
The customer requested a groove for LED lights in the underside of the treads, in order to achieve this, we use a larger overhang than normal for the tread, this way there’s room for the 10mm LED light groove.
This is a service we can offer, however, we do not provide LED lights etc.
Metal Spindles & caps:
The metal spindles on this staircase are from the elements range, these spindles fit into a pre-drilled hole in the handrail and bottomrail to create a neat finish.
The balustrade on the landing is embedded glass at the customer's request, using a grooved elements handrail & bottomrail.
The post tops are forge caps, in black to match the elements spindles.
The feature treads on this staircase add to the look of the stairs they are a bullnose sitting on top of a curtail.
- Staircase Type; Part Open Riser - Timber
- Tread Profile; Standard - 25mm overhang, rounded profile (special order)
- Tread Profile Detail; Treads 3-13 to have 10mm groove for LED lights (special order)
- Stringer Material; Oak (32x230mm)
- Tread Material; Oak (32mm)
- Riser Material; Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square (90mm)
- Post Material; Oak
- Post Style; Metal (Forge)
- Post Cap Material; Black
Balustrade - Stairs:
Balustrade Type; Metal Balusters
Metal Baluster Style; Elements Plain
Balustrade - Landing:
Balustrade Type; Glass
Glass Style; Embedded
Handrail & Bottomrail:
Handrail Profile; Elements (65x55mm)
Handrail Material; Oak
Bottomrail Profile; Elements (60x28mm)
Bottomrail Material; Oak
Very happy with our stairs Great customer service, so easy to deal with - Ms Burke
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.