Case Studies - Two oak stairs, one on top of the other
This staircase is manufactured using a standard construction, the both the ground to first floor staircase and first to second floor staircase have matched feature treads (double go. curtail and a double bullnose on top)
The bottom two treads on each stair were manufactured in oak, with the remainder of the treads and risers manufactured using MDF and plywood where the stairs were to be carpeted, this helps to keep costs down.
This stair also features a large run of oak landing balustrade, creating a striking oak gallery landing.
- Strings - White Oak (220x38mm)
- Treads - White Oak/MDF (22mm)
- Risers - White Oak veneered ply/Ply (10mm)
- Posts - White Oak, Stop Chamfered (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - Shaped tops and feature groove
- Spindles - White Oak, Stop Chamfered (41x41mm)
- Handrail - White Oak, Classic White Oak Profile (41mm Groove)
- Bottomrail - White Oak (41mm Groove)
Plan - Ground to first;
Plan - First to second;
Require something similar?
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.