Case Studies - White Oak staircase with turned twisted spindles.
Traditional White Oak Staircase with quarter landings.
This staircase was designed with the customer for a loft conversion in a bungalow in the Yorkshire Moors.
The supplied staircase featured turned posts with acorn caps as well as turned twisted spindles, we don’t keep these on stock, however we can order these in as a special order.
To match in with this staircase, the customer has had traditional oak panelling installed to make it look like the staircase has always been there, creating a beautiful integrated look.
As this staircase was ben carpeted, it makes more sense to have MDF treads and plywood risers as they’re most cost effective and work just as well.
The turns on this staircase are quarter landings which are more pleasant to walk up than winder box’s however they take up more space.
The customer has applied a stain to the staircase to make the white oak timber appear darker and blend in with their property and appear more traditional.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; MDF (22mm)
- Risers; Plywood (9mm)
- Post Style; Turned Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Acorn Caps
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Spindles, 41x41mm
- Spindle Material; White Oak
- Spindle Style; Turned, Twist
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Trademark Profile, (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We just wanted to say a big thank you for supplying our staircase. Fantastic service all round, fitted perfectly to the mm, feels very solid and looks like it has alway been there. Considering it was a bungalow it really has made a huge difference having a staircase. - Mr & Mrs Smith
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.