Case Studies - White Oak Space Saver Staircase.
White Oak Space Saver Staircase.
Space saver staircases also known as alternating tread stairs can be used to reduce the footprint that the stairs take up in the room, however they can only be used to go into a loft where there’s one room.
This particular space saver is manufactured entirely from White Oak and also has mini open risers which lets light through below, we supplied it in 2020 to a customer who wanted a compact staircase for their barn conversion.
For more information on space saver staircases see our blog post here.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction Space Saver
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang pencil round profile
- Strings; White Oak (32x260mm)
- Treads; White Oak (32mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Full Height, Square
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Cap
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Spindles 41x41mm
- Spindle Material; White Oak
- Spindle Style; Square
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Trademark Profile (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.