Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Modern White Oak Stair, exposed back, square edged treads, glass on square brackets.
White Oak, Exposed Back Staircase with square edged treads and no overhang.
This staircase features:
Exposed Back Construction:
"Standard construction" staircases are held together with wedged and glue blocks, which means that, the underside must be covered, however, this staircase is manufactured "exposed back" which means the underside of the stairs can be left uncovered.
Stairs manufactured this way need to have solid timber treads & risers.
This particularly suits this staircase given it's prominent location in the entrance hall.
Square Edged Treads No Overhang:
The treads on this staircase do not overhang the riser and, have square edges, this is a more modern look and matches the rest of the staircase which features many square edged components (handrail, glass brackets, bottomrail).
Square Feature Treads:
The bottom two treads on this staircase are square, again, this is to match the theme of this staircase which is modern and square edged.
- Staircase Type; Exposed Back
- Tread Profile; No Overhang, Square Profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm)
- Glass Style; Clamps, Square
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; Square Profile, (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular Profile (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.