Case Studies - White Painted & White Oak cut string staircase with metal balusters.
This staircase was manufactured by us for a customer who wanted a made to measure cut string staircase with metal spindles.
On a cut string staircase, the spindles do not go into a bottomrail on the string and are instead fixed into the treads themselves, because of this, a longer spindle has to be used on the angle than normal.
It's worth noting that on this staircase, the areas which were to be painted white were mostly pine, the visible timber parts were White Oak, however the customer has stained these a darker colour to create the dark contrast which can be seen in the photos.
- Strings - Pine (320x32mm) Cut String
- Treads - White Oak (22mm)
- Risers - Plywood (9mm)
- Posts - White Oak, Stop Chamfered (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - White Oak, Flat Moudlded Caps
- Spindles - 12.5mm Made to Suit Made to measure iron spindles
- Handrail - White Oak, 59x59mm HDR Profile
- Bottomrail - White Oak, 63x28mm, Trademark profile
Require something similar?
We love the quality and craftsmanship of our staircase. Thanks for all the help in delivery our dream staircase. - Neil McClelland