Case Studies - Partially Open Oak Staircase with Fusion Mk1 Balusters
This made to measure white oak staircase was manufactured to the customers specification with the top section mini open riser to meet building regulations and the bottom section closed riser, with matching 18mm thick oak risers to ensure everything looked the same.
Having the top section open meant light came through to their downstairs room while having the bottom section closed meant they were able to use the underneath for storage.
The customer wanted brushed nickel balusters so we have used Richard Burbidges MK1 Fusion balusters which screw individually onto the supplied no groove handrail and bottomrail.
The customer finished this oak staircase by putting on three coats of Polyx Osmo Oil.
- Strings - White Oak (220x38mm)
- Treads - White Oak (32mm)
- Risers 1 to 2 - White Oak veneered Ply (12mm)
- Risers 3 to 6 - White Oak (18mm)
- Risers 7 to 13 - White Oak Mini Open (18mm)
- Posts - White Oak, Square (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - Oak, Flat Caps
- Spindles - Richard Burbidge, Fusion Mk1 Brushed Nickel
- Handrail - White Oak, 56x56mm HDR profile, No Groove
- Bottomrail - White Oak, 56x28mm square profile
Require something similar?
We're very happy with our new staircase, the process was perfect from start to finish. We were advised on the best layout, finish and materials and delivery was prompt and the delivery driver very friendly. - Pete Osborne