Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - White painted double winder staircase with two kite winders.
This staircase features two winder boxes making a 180-degree turn as walking up.
The back and left-hand side were against a wall, leaving the right side open, because of building regulations, the right side must have a balustrade to guard against falls, as such we supplied a balustrade for here as well.
This staircase features embedded glass panels, these sit into a groove in the handrail & bottomrail.
In order to preserve space in the house, the second flight is narrower than the first and last flights.
This means the stairs do not project as far forward on the first flight (1195mm dimension).
Flat post caps were supplied to finish off the staircase.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang, rounded profile
- Stringer Material; Pine, Paint Grade (32x230mm)
- Tread Material; MDF (22mm)
- Riser Material; Plywood (9mm)
- Post Style; Square (90mm)
- Post Material; Pine
- Post Style; Flat Cap
- Post Material; Pine
Balustrade Type; Glass Panels
Glass Style; Embedded
Handrail & Bottomrail:
Handrail Profile; HDR (59x59mm)
Handrail Material; Pine
Bottomrail Profile; Rectangular (56x28mm)
Bottomrail Material; Pine
Purchased during difficult circumstances whilst in lockdown, but I used the excellent design feature on the website to help me design my staircase initially, but found Ben very helpful in the office sending through 3D images and making tweaks here and there. Delivery and lead times were efficient. I chose TK stairs primarily as their website was the easiest to use. Highly recommended! - Mr Duffield
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.