Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Staircase Featuring curved treads & large gallery landing.
White Oak Winder Staircase With Curved Treads.
This staircase was manufactured to our customer's request, they wanted the treads to be curved.
Each tread had a protrusion of 78mm in the center point to create this effect.
This is achieved by machining out the tread & riser groove with a curved radius on each tread and using white oak veneered MDF for the risers which bends easily.
This method means the stairs look different and make a statement, however, this doesn’t add a huge amount of cost as the strings & posts are straight to each other.
This staircase also features made-to-measure glass panels which we’ve designed to suit and fit into the supplied glass brackets.
The two bottom feature treads are also curved and designed to fit within the hallway without taking up too much space (1200mm horizontal footprint).
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak veneered MDF (12mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Caps
- Post Cap Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm toughened)
- Glass Style; Clamped
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular Profile, (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
The stairs are just being fitted and look amazing. We had to switch suppliers during lock down one as the company initially chosen shut down – leaving us stranded. Happy coincidence as your staircase is a real wow factor – curved oak stair treads spotted on your gallery – two years in the making and worth the wait. Big thank you to Dan for his help and patience and to the online design tool, which I spent many hours on tweaking designs Kind regards - Mr & Mrs Littlehales
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.