Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - White Oak kite winder staircase with embedded glass & gallery landing.
White Oak, Winder staircase with embedded glass balustrade & gallery landing.
This staircase has been manufactured from white oak, including solid white oak risers, it features a kite winder at the bottom with additional guarding to meet building regulations on the outside of the kite winder.
The standout feature of this staircase is the white oak gallery landing which features glass embedded into a groove in the handrail & bottom rail.
All glass supplied by us is made to suit the job to give a consistent gap & is 10mm toughened glass with polished edges to satisfy building regulations.
The customer opted not to have this staircase supplied with post caps, however they could easily be added at a later date if so desired.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm toughened)
- Glass Style; Embedded
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular Profile, (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.