Case Studies - White Oak stairs going up to the centre point of a room in holiday accomodation.
White Oak Winder Staircase with embedded glass balustrade & double curtail treads.
We produced three white oak staircases for Nettlebed Farm holiday cottages, the staircases were to go onto a mezzanine area to provide sleeping accommodation.
Due to the pitched roof and aesthetics it’s best in this scenario for the stairs to finish in the centre of the room, however, because of the door below, it wasn’t possible to use a drop landing or winder box at the top of the stairs so the customer instead assembled their own projecting landing matching in with the rest of the oak beams.
All of these staircases were supplied in white oak with handrail & baserail pre-grooved ready to take the supplied bespoke 10mm toughened glass panels.
More Information on the accommodation can be found here;
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 20mm overhang rounded profile
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Caps
- Post Cap Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm toughened)
- Glass Style; Embedded
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular Profile, (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
Good service and well engineered. No problems with the fit - Nettlebed Farm Holiday Lets
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.