Case Studies - White Oak Staircase featuring grooved treads for LED lights & double square feature treads.
White Oak Staircase, LED feature lights, glass on brackets.
The customer wanted LED lights to illuminate the risers of the staircase, this meant that there needed to be a groove in the underside of each tread within the overhang area, normally, we would have a 20mm overhang on each tread, however, because the space required for each LED strip was 10mm wide, we increased the overhang on each tread to 25mm to allow space for the 10mm strip.
As shown above, with a 22mm tread, the radius of the round is 11mm, thus, with a standard 20mm overhang, a 10mm groove for LED lights wouldn’t fit. So we’ve used a 25mm overhang.
This staircase also featured glass mounted on glass brackets, our glass panels are made to measure for each job from 10mm toughened glass to comply to regulations.
- Staircase Type; Standard Construction
- Tread Profile; Standard - 25mm overhang rounded profile
- Special Detail; Groove under each tread, 10mm wide, 5mm deep
- Strings; White Oak (38x220mm)
- Treads; White Oak (22mm)
- Risers; White Oak (18mm)
- Post Style; Square Posts
- Post Material; White Oak (90x90mm)
- Post Cap Style; Flat Cap
- Post Cap Material; White Oak
- Infill Type; Glass Panels (10mm)
- Glass Style; Clamped (D Brackets)
- Handrail Material; White Oak
- Handrail Style; HDR Profile (59x59mm)
- Bottomrail Material; White Oak
- Bottomrail Style; Rectangular (56x28mm)
Require something similar?
I have been very impressed with the whole process, the quality of the product and your staff have been brilliant. - APM Developments(NW) Ltd
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.