Get inspiration and ideas for your new staircase by browsing through some of our previous projects below.
Case Studies - Pine Staircases in holiday cottages
The customer requirements for this staircase were quite detailed and complicated.
They required a number of stairs, each one of which was to go in a holiday cottage with a vaulted ceiling. The stairs had to be mini open riser to create the feeling of space and comply to building regulations.
We started by working out the room dimensions which we're agreed as below;
Room height in centre = 5320mm & Room width = 2400mm
From this we were able to draw a staircase that gave adequate headroom all the way up and finished in the centre of the room;
- Strings - Pine (230x32mm)
- Treads - Pine (22mm)
- Risers - Pine (18mm)
- Posts - Pine, Square (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - Shaped Tops
- Spindles - Pine, Square (41x41mm)
- Handrail - Pine Signature Profile Handrail (41mm Groove)
- Bottomrail - Pine (41mm Groove)
Require something similar?
We specialise in made to measure stairs, why not contact us today for a quotation for your new staircase, or use our online design tool to design and price your own staircase.
"I am delighted by what TKstairs did for us" - Carl Scott
Similar Case Studies
Design & build yourstaircase online and get it delivered to your door!View All Case Studies
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.