Case Studies - Pine Staircases in holiday cottages
About This Staircase:
We supplied several staircases to these holiday cottages (Woodfarm Barns). The requirement was for an S-shape staircase rising to a mezzanine bedroom area. These bespoke pine staircases were designed by us to finish centrally in the room for aesthetics and to give maximum headroom. For more information on Alde Barn & Meadow View Cottage, visit their website: https://woodfarmbarns.com/dog-friendly-places-to-stay/dog-friendly-accommodation-in-suffolk/
The majority of double-turn staircases turn 180 degrees back on themselves. However, there are circumstances such as this one where the stairs must have two turns that turn in opposite directions.
Pine Treads & Risers:
This staircase features solid pine treads & risers to fit in with the aesthetic of the barn.
The way most staircases are laid out, it's unnecessary to have posts dropping to the floor for support. However, because of the S-shape layout of these stairs, they were required to have the outside posts around the kite winder drop to the floor for support, creating an interesting feature.
- Strings - Pine (230x32mm)
- Treads - Pine (22mm)
- Risers - Pine (18mm)
- Posts - Pine, Square (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - Shaped Tops
- Spindles - Pine, Square (41x41mm)
- Handrail - Pine Signature Profile Handrail (41mm Groove)
- Bottomrail - Pine (41mm Groove)
Require something similar?
"I am delighted by what TKstairs did for us" - Carl Scott
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.