Case Studies - Oak Stairs with glass balustrade and modern space saving feature treads.
We think these stairs look fantastic and really complement a modern hallway, making use of a more modern feature tread design which not only looks great, but also saves space.
These were supplied to a customer who required a part White Oak staircase, the stairs are manufactured from solid oak except for the strings which were hemlock, hemlock is more suited to painting than Pine due to it being less knotty.
The treads and risers are in 32mm and 18mm solid white oak which creates a more chunky appearance.
It also features, large embedded glass panels that sit into a groove to suit the supplied 10mm toughened glass.
The bottom two feature treads on this staircase are square as opposed to the normal semi-circular appearance that most staircase feature treads consist of, these square feature treads, not only look more modern than their more traditional semi circular counterparts, but also take up far less space, protruding only around 100mm past the string.
We’ve also set the posts 50mm higher than a normal staircase and added a feature groove for the customer who wished to have a feature groove and place a brushed steel effect cap on top of the posts which they sourced themselves.
- Strings - Hemlock (230x32mm)
- Treads - White Oak (32mm)
- Risers - White Oak (18mm)
- Posts - White Oak, Square (90x90mm)
- Post Tops - Feature groove
- Spindles - 10mm toughened glass with polished edges
- Handrail - White Oak, 59x59mm HDR Profile
- Bottomrail - White Oak, Plain 59x28mm square profile
Require something similar?
I have been thoroughly impressed with TK Stairs through the entire process of purchasing and fitting the staircase. It is a beautiful stair, very well made and straight forward to install. I would recommend TK Stairs without hesitation. Thank you again. - Mr Barker
We Design & Manufacture Staircases
TKstairs is one of the UK’s leading staircase manufacturers, we now manufacture in excess of 100 staircases per week delivering throughout the UK from our state of the art manufacturing facility near Hull.
Popular Staircase Layouts
Straight staircases have no turns in them.
Quarter Turn Staircases:
These have a single turn, turning left or right, which can be either a landing or kite winder.
Half Turn Staircases:
These have two turns, left or right. Using kite winders, landings or a half landing.
For straight stairs, quarter turn stairs (single turn) or half turn staircases (two turns), these can be ordered on our website and are available for fast delivery.
Also known as space saver or loft staircases, these are half the length of a normal staircase but can only be used in certain scenarios.
We also offer other staircase layouts, these include, paddle stairs, S-shape stairs, T-shape stairs or stairs with three or more turns. We also offer stairs suitable for commercial buildings which are wider and made from more substantial materials than domestic staircases.
Styles & Materials
All layouts of staircases can be constructed in different ways which will effect the final finish, these include:
- Open riser construction; this is where the risers are left open with either a timber strip or metal bar built in to comply to regulations.
- Cut string construction; where the sides of the strings are cut away so the treads can be seen, this can either be done in a modern or traditional way.
The materials used on your staircase will have a dramatic effect on how they look, most stairs will use the following materials.
- Pine; all our stairs are manufactured from high quality furniture grade pine, we do not use any whitewood.
- White Oak; we can manufacture all or part(s) of your staircase from premium White Oak, to give that stunning finish.
- Glass; we offer stairs with glass balustrade, either as small panels or large panels, secured with brackets or by embedding with a groove.